Thursday, March 25, 2010

My night

11:15 p.m. Settling down beneath the covers of my bed. Making sure the big, stuffed, silky bear, known as Snoopy, is settled just right under the covers, too.
11:18 p.m. Darkness fills the room. I can feel my dog rearranging the blankets just so to get comfortable at the foot of my bed. Big breaths, almost like deep sighs, come from the form next to me. His little 2-year-old form moves ever so slightly as he gets comfy. Little TM and his three older brothers are at my house because their mom gave birth to a little girl yesterday morning.
11:32 p.m. His little body scoots closer. His little searching fingers find my hand. His body begins to relax and I know he's starting to fall asleep. His little hand rests over mine, content to know I'm there with him in the dark room.
Many times throughout the nigh
t I woke to find him close enough to me that I could almost be sure he was glued to my side. The heat emanating from his little footie-jammie clad body made it nearly unbearably hot, but not quite. Also, throughout the night I woke to feel his little fingers intertwined in my hair, one of his favorite things to do is play with people's long hair.
This morning I woke to his little hands searching out strands of my hair to play with and his big brown eyes looking intently at my sleepy face. Cuteness! What a way to start a morning.

*~ Evidence of the little man ~*

1 comment:

Amanda said...

:)

BTW, I love your new background! I don't know how long you've had it up, but I just noticed it.