Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The little things ...

You slowly open your eyes, the room is just starting to lighten as the sun slowly shows its face to the world. For some reason you've awakened five or so minutes before your alarm goes off. You feel fresh, revived, ready, eager to get up. Much different from the night before (when, due to pouring rain and rushing winds and for some uncertain reason, you didn't actually fall to sleep until around 2:30 or 3:00 am and when you did fall asleep it was anything but sound and peaceful) your night was restful and you feel quite rested. As you lay, you've closed your eyes again, just taking in the feeling of being rested. Your window is open because the rain came again last night and you love the sound of rain. As you snuggle down in your blankets your ear is caught by a little voice outside, "Glory to God in the highest. Praise the Lord, for He is good. His mercies are new every morning! Let the earth sing of His praise. ... God loves you! He honestly and truly loves you, much more than you can imagine."

Who, do you wonder, is walking around at five to 7:00am in the morning singing such truths? Would you believe me if I told you a little birdie told me? Because it did. Lying there in bed the bird's song filled my ears and my heart filled with love and praise. My mind went to this post and in shame I realized that I do not look for Christ in the little things, I do not joy in the little things He shows and gives.

I'm not going to lie and say my heart is perfectly at peace, my spiritual walk is just dandy ... because, in fact, it isn't. Truth be told, I've really been struggling with peace in Christ, for a love for Him that doesn't ask why, but loves because He loves me. I've been struggling with trusting, with not knowing why, but trusting anyway. Struggling with walking the path that is lit only enough for me to see where to put my foot next and nothing beyond that. It's hard, I'm not going to make it "short and sweet" for you. The Bible says it will be hard. And in this hard time I've been really struggling with making myself stay focused on Christ. But do not think I'm complaining, I'm simply giving background, because when that little bird sang this morning, knowing what I've been struggling with and knowing what that bird's song meant, it made it all the more precious to me. Precious enough to share with you. :)

So, coming from someone who is struggling desperately to love, trust, obey, follow, etc. ... going to someone who is struggling just as much, don't lose heart! God does love you. Sometimes it's hard to feel His love. It's hard to make your heart believe what your mind knows about Him. But pray, grasp and cling, fight the good fight. He's there, He'll not let you go, He'll not let you fall so far that He can't reach down and pick you back up!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you, Ana--I needed that. Is it okay if I link to this post on my blog?

Leah said...

Dearest Ana,
Keep up the good fight! I can see that you're growing because you are struggling with it. Praise the Almighty God that loves you and keeps you.

Perhapes it was the same bird.... :)

Melanie said...

Oh, Ana, what a sweet blessing your post was. How encouraging to hear how the Lord has been working in your life. Thank you so much for sharing.

I will be praying for you as you struggle in the areas you mentioned-- I struggle too! May you be "strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being... and... know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fulness of God" (Ephesians 3:14-19).
*hugs* :-)

Ana said...

Rosebud~
Yes, please, use away!

Leah~
Thank you for your kind words and who knows, maybe it was the same bird, maybe he's making his rounds from window to window.

Melanie~
Thank you as well! Your prayers are GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!!!

Robert said...

Those struggles are the kinds that we all go through.

Here is a link to an old post about God's concern for the little things in our lives.Your title reminded me of it.

http://everythingdomestic.blogspot.com/2007/02/faithful-in-that-which-is-least.html