Saturday, November 04, 2006

The setting

Hello and welcome to those who have stumbled across my blog!
I would like to share something with you. Hopefully this will show what I picture when I think of my blog and what I want it to feel like to you when you come:


"I pretend that you and I are sitting together in a quaint little coffee shop. We are slowly sipping on our steaming, foamy concoctions, looking each other in the eye, and having a heart-to-heart conversation. For hours and hours, as various other customers enter and exit the little shop, we continue talking and talking. We are unaware of time and oblivious to our surroundings. As our coffee mugs slowly empty, you tell me your story. And I tell you mine. You share your questions, struggles, fears, and victories. And I share mine. I feel an amazing connection with you as my mind's eye sees us sharing and listening and laughing and crying together."
~Leslie Ludy, "Authentic Beauty."
(Paraphrased)

This may not be what you had in mind, and that's fine, but I want you to feel comfortable and able to share and learn with me as I share the things I've learned. I hope you feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts and things that you are learning as well. I pray that as I share my thoughts and things I've learned you will have a greater view of Christ and that your heart would turn to Him moment by moment and that you would grow to be like Him!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jas;
I will be praying for you as you work on this to the Glory of God. Whatever you want me to do I will! Enjoy! ~Danny 1 Tim. 1:17

Anonymous said...

Hello, Ana!
I just visited your blog for the first time from my computer :). It is so lovely. I really like the quote about visiting in the coffee shop...it does make me feel at home! I am looking forward to visiting often and finding all sorts of treasures here!
Much love in Christ, Katie Rose

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
Wow! I love that quote! I think it is such a wonderful think that you have made a blog and that your focus is that God would be glorified in it. I'm looking forward to coming back and seeing the things that you post. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen
In Christ, With Love,
~*Leah*~