Tuesday, March 10, 2009


I'm baaack. :) I bet you didn't even notice I was gone ... aahhh aside from the fact that I haven't been posting, commenting or answering e-mails from all you wonderful peeps ... other then that, I bet you didn't notice my absence.

Truth be told it wasn't my fault ... completely. The Internet on my laptop just decided it wasn't going to work ... I could have used Dad's desktop ... but that would involve Walking. Down. All. Twelve. Of. The. Stairs. (never mind the fact that my bedroom is in the basement (yes, down said stairs) and that in order to get my laptop I have to walk down the same stairs) and then actually HAVING something to say.

So, ta-da ... the Internet is fixed and what do I have to say that is worth posting about? .... Nothing.

That's it peeps. Nothing. In spite of the fact that is has been 10 days since my last post I still have nothing to say.

My days really aren't that exciting, as far as something new and "exciting" each day. Don't get my wrong, I love what I do, honest and truly I really do ... but I get up, go to work, come home from work, teach piano, eat supper, spend some quality time with my family in the evenings (yes, I can hear them gigging and smirking as they read that) and then go to bed. Then wake up, go to work, come home from work ... yeah. To make it a little more exciting I could say something like, my alarm goes off at 7:00am. I get out of bed (my cellphone/alarm clock is on my dresser, forcing me to emerge from the warmth of my blankets), hit the snooze button, crawl back in bed, and bring the phone to the nightstand so that next time it goes off I don't have to get out of bed, but simply stretch my arm from beneath the protective blanket mountain and stop the unwanted noise. Between 7:30 and 8:00 am (these days it's getting closer to 8:00 am each morning) I finally and LITERALLY PUSH myself from my bed as I realize that I need to be in my car no later then 8:25am. The dog also helps in the morning, attacking my head because she has to go outside. I grab my clothes and up the stairs I go. Sometimes I actually shower, but most of the time I just wash my hair over the side of the tub. Then I dry it with the dryer (Hurrah!! *Thinks back to frozen hair*) and look at my watch. If I got up around 7:30 it should be around 7:50-ish now. However, as I mentioned it's getting later and later each morning. This morning, as an example, I pushed myself from bed at 8:00 am. After washing my hair I realized it was 8:15 am. Ten minutes to do my make-up, grab some water, Kombucha tea, and vinegar water before rushing out the door. I made it this morning! Yes. Then off to work ... about a thirty-five minute drive. With the weather like it was this morning I avoid icy spots and snowdrifts as I drive (that always makes driving so much more interesting). As I drive I literally sing AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS, to what ever C.D. is in the playing. Arrive at work around 9:00am. Then hold M. all morning. Then back in the car, drive (singing resumes as I drive) home and teach piano all afternoon. And well ... you know the rest. :)

This week we add in recital preparations (the one I was thinking was still weeks and weeks off, but is, in fact, this Sunday ... ahhhhh!). I have 14 kids playing 2 (some 3) songs each. I'm so excited, they are all working so hard for this recital!

Aaaaanyway. As I really, as you can plainly see, having nothing to say please, tell me how you are, what are you doing? I haven't heard from ya'll in sometime ... humm due to lack of posting on my part? ;)


Rosebud said...

I DID notice you were gone, and I'm glad you're back now. :)

Charity Dawn said...

Well, hearing from me won't be too exciting either. We are all feeling icky here. Congestion has overtaken our entire household. It's good to hear how life is going for you though! Thanks for posting. I think your brother is going to be working for Seth for a couple days in ND. Seth always appreciates his help and company.

AmandaPeck said...

Thanks for my comment! But I am glad to see you are back! It is amazing how much the internet has become a part of our lives.

There's something to be learned when the things in our life our routine!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I look forward to more postings!

P.S. I have discovered that if I do not get up as soon as my alarm goes off, I will always sleep around 20 minutes more! My goal is to immediately get out of bed when it goes off before I can even think "I can sleep a little longer and just fix my hair this way or grab leftovers from last night..." One day, our bodies will not struggle with this need or desire! :)

abigail said...

I have been practicing madly for my yearly piano competitions, but they're over now. Superiors in both! Yay-ya! :D Now just back to regular piano lessons (and voice lessons), along with school and the first garden work of the year. Bravo to the singing out loud! My wake up singing comes while I'm feeding our chickens :P