Sunday, November 01, 2009

Content ...

I asked the Lord three times about this, that it would depart from me.

But He said to me, "My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me.

Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with troubles, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ, for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.


~2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NET Bible)~

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for these beautiful verses. Especially for including verse 8-- I tend to forget about the fact that there was a real trial in Paul's life that he begged the Lord several times to remove from him-- and then the Lord showed him (and through him shows *us*) that all we need is Jesus-- His grace is sufficient.

So thank you very much! May God bless your week!

Love,
Melanie

Nikki said...

"I can do all through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) -even be content and have joy during trials. (James 1:2) ☺