Sunday, November 08, 2009

Jesus, Lover of My Soul

Jesus, Lover of my soul, Let me to Thy bossom fly,
While the nearer waters roll, While the tempest still is high.
Hide me, O my Saviour, hide, Till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide, O receive my soul at last!

Other refuge have I none; Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah leave me not alone, Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed, All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head With the shadow of Thy wing.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want; More than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint, Heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy name, I am all unrighteousness;
False and full of sin I am, Thou art full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with Thee is found, Grace to cover all my sin;
Let the healing streams abound; Make and keep my pure within.
Thou of life the Fountain art, Freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart, Rise to all eternity.

Words ~ Charles Wesley
Sung ~ Fernando Ortega

5 comments:

Jason Hunsicker said...

Wow...an absolutely beautiful song. I have this song on a "Soundforth" CD, but I don't think I've ever heard the Fernando Ortega version...

Amanda said...

I love that song, totally love that song.

Rosebud's Mom :-) said...

Hi Ana,

Are you able to tell me what album this song is on. I love this song and he sings it so wonderfully.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Rosebud's Mom

Ana said...

Thank you all! This is one of my favorite songs, I just listen to it and pray it out in my heart!

Rosebud's Mom ~ :) The album is called Beginnings, it is actually a two C.D. set. But I downloaded it off of amazon and got it that way. Here is the link, if you're interested. Fernando sings a lot of other well known, older hymns on that set as well.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Fernando+Ortega%2C+beginnings&x=0&y=0

Rosebud's Mom said...

Thank you so much Ana!