Saturday, January 06, 2007

Encouraging verses

Hello all! I have just finished reading 2 Timothy in my Bible reading and am now going to start Titus! But reading through 2 Timothy I came across some verses to encourage us and to push to our goal.

2 Timothy 3:12~
"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."

2 Timothy 4:7~
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

So first of all when people persecute us let us not be surprised and shrink back. Let us rejoice! Why? Because we can be assure that if we were not trying to live a godly life, there would be no persecution! It is because we're doing as we are told, we are following Christ, we're trying to be Christ-like, and because of that we suffer persecution! Let us stand for what we believe, persecution or not! And with that, when we come to the end of our lives, or if Christ comes, will we be able to say with Paul "I have fought the good fight, ..." Will we be able to say, "I suffered persecution for Christ and "have kept the faith"? Will we be able to stand in that day of judgment and stand knowing we "fought the good fight, ... finished the race, ... have kept the faith"? Let us look forward to being able to say those things in truth. Let us be careful how we live now, in persecution, in trials, in hard times, in good times, so that we are able to stand before Christ, in His day of glory, and say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith"!

No comments: