Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sorry Peeps

It has been forever and a day since I posted on here. I'm sorry peeps. My week was crazy. I don't remember much of the first part of the week (that right there should tell you something. :) ) but the last part kind of flew by, yet at the same time it took forever. Weird, I know.

Thursday I taught piano nearly all day, nothing new. But the next day, Friday, my sister Leah, who plays varsity softball, was going to play in the Metro-dome! Wahoo. It was very fun and exciting. The only thing was that they played at 8:00am. Not a problem, if we didn't live two hours away. Now, I'm a night owl. I don't do mornings very well, but I've made a change from sleeping in until 8:30am or 9:00am, to getting up at 7:30am. I've been doing it for quite a few months now and I've very happy with it. To some of you that may be early, to some it may be late, to me it's just right. :)

But back to Friday and the Metro-dome. Since we do live two hours away from the dome and we (they) played at 8:00am we had to get up at 4:00am so we could be out of the house at 4:40am so we could leave our town by 5:00am. For this very reason I thought about calling my post "Death to the non-morning person" or "Murder of the night owl" or some such dramatic thing. :) Anyway, I was alive, showered, packed, dressed, etc., etc., on time!! I was even awake, not by any means talkative, or active, or even totally aware of what was going on, but awake. I was very surprised. Well, we got to the dome, they played, they own 9-0! Yeah!! As we were driving home, Dad called Grandma to see how she was, because she'd been sick a few days earlier (I was driving, Dad was not talking on his cellphone and driving at the same time ... not like I don't do that myself ... never mind). To make a very, very, very, very, ... yeah, long story short (in the time frame of 1:30pm to about 10:20pm) Grandma was VERY sick. She'd fallen a few times, she couldn't stand, couldn't walk, she hadn't eaten for a while, she had a temp of about 103, her heart rate was 136, and other things. So we ended up taking her to the emergency room were they put her up in a hospital bed (after hours and hours of tests) and they will keep her until about Wednesday. We're not really sure what's is going on or what happened, but the doctors are figuring it all out. We think maybe it was her medication or pneumonia or something else (in January she was in the hospital for congestive heart failure) dew to not being fully recovered from January.

After we got her settled in and bought her a couple of things from Wal-mart we headed home, Dad driving the van and I was driving Grandma's car. So needless to say, we didn't get home until late, 11:00pm to be exact. When I left the house it was dark and when I got home it was dark. At times during the day I had a hard time remembering that it was all one day. Sitting in the emergency waiting room for four to five hours made me wonder if it was really only that morning that we'd been at the Metro dome.

Saturday I did a bunch of cleaning, vacuuming, ironing of clothes, and my work-out. Saturday was pretty full too.

Today we had church and then a fellowship meal, as we do every first and third Sundays of the month. Then after that we had a baby shower for my Sister-in-law and Greta, my niece!

And to top it all off I think I'm coming down with a cold.

So all of that to say, I'm sorry I haven't written, I'm still very tired. Hopefully I'll get back in to blogging again this week.


Natalie said...

Oh dear, I hope you get some rest and your grandma gets feeling better!

Ana said...

Thank you Natalie. I'm getting a little bit more rest, but I'm still very tired.

Ana said...

Oh and P.S., my Grandma is doing better, last I heard, but I still don't know what's going on with her yet.

Robert said...

Hope you and your grandmother are feeling better.

Did you sew something for Greta?

Ana said...

Thank you Robert.

I haven't sewn anything for Greta yet, but I did find a patchwork quilt that I wanted to make for her. I just have to have the money to buy the fabric and other things needed.

Steve n Vickie said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope she feels better soon.