Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Belt Loops

Sooooo ... I bought these Capris (well, I call them Capris but I don't know if they are "technically" Capris ... but the ones that go down to just below your knee or a little further. *Shrugs* They are Capris to me. :) ) last year at a second-hand store. (I buy things at second-stores because I'm cheap trying to be careful with my money, don't chya know.) And I realized last year that the Capris that I bought didn't have belt loops in the back. Why? I couldn't tell ya. I mean, who doesn't put belt loops on pants? I guess Old Navy doesn't. Although I have to say, I wouldn't actually know since I'm cheep -- ahhhh -- I mean frugal and also I'm sheltered too busy to actually go shopping so I've never actually been in an Old Navy store. :) Aaaaaannnnnnyway. Why do I tell you all this? Because, today I took the time (finally, after a year of not wearing the Capris because they didn't have belt loops) to actually put some on. :) I found some really cute ribbon that I had and sewed it on. Check it out! Now my belt works beautifully!
See, my belt fits through the loops. :) Hurrah!

9 comments:

N said...

Oh, splendid idea! I can't stand pants with no belt loops...mainly because with the way they make pants these days they won't stay up without a belt. :P

Ana said...

Natalie~
Exactly!!!

Heather said...

Lol, you're too cute! And so are the belt loops! :D

Margaret Dashwood said...

Cute!

Caroline said...

I'm definitely going to do this...it's so cute!
xoxo Caroline

Jason Hunsicker said...

Wow, that's cool. I wish I had the ability to do that kind of thing. I'd probably prick myself with the needle or something. I guess it's a guy thing.

Ingenuity, I like it!

Charity Dawn said...

Hooray for belt loops! Oh, to be able to wear a belt again;o) You did a nice job!

Ana said...

Jason~
It's quite easy, I'm sure you could do it ... and I was going to do it by hand, but did it on the machine. :) No finger pricking (or as much) that way.

Also, thank you for the comment!

Melanie said...

What a cute idea! ;-)