Friday, September 07, 2007

Elizabeth Prentiss quote

"Bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. Take what I cannot give - my heart, body, thoughts, time, abilities, money, health, strength, nights, days, youth, age - and spend them in Thy service, O my crucified Master, Redeemer, God. Oh, let not these be mere words! Whom have I in the heaven but Thee? And there is no one upon earth that I desire in comparison to Thee. My heart is athirst for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?"
~Elizabeth Prentiss, "Stepping Heavenward."

2 comments:

Robert said...

Thanks for the comment Ana.I've also found sites by linking through different blogs.

Your name and profile picture looked familiar but when I looked through your blog, I didn't see anything I remembered.It was either awhile ago or I had seen you comment somewhere else.

You have taken many good pictures-I like your garden.I will try to post more often.

Mrs. E said...

That is a MARVELOUS quote!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Your blog IS lovely!!!!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen
www.blessedfemina.blogspot.com