Monday, August 27, 2007

Salsa part I

It's that time of year again. Salsa time! Two weeks ago we were making salsa. The first day we were peeling, cutting and cooking down the tomatoes. On the second day we were adding green peppers, onions, garlic, etc.. Thus "Salsa part I" and "Salsa part II" (Salsa part II coming soon.) :) So here are pictures from the first day. I really enjoy making salsa. I love the smells, the cutting up of different things and looking at it all mixed together. It's really fun!
The tomatoes.The tomatoes cooking. Mommy put them in the pan and then transfered them to the sink to cool.The tomatoes cooling. I peeled them after they were cool and put the in the bucket to be cut.The compost bucket where I put the peels/skins. An icky sight, but the compost after it decomposes is very helpful!Tomatoes peeled and ready to be cut by Leah.Leah cutting the tomatoes.And more cutting.Starting to fill the tomato pan.All done for day one!

No comments: