Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy, yet extremely fun, weekend!!

As some of you know, I teach piano, and I've finally gotten to the point (or rather God brought me the students and brought me to the point) were I have enough students to put on my very own piano recital. I've never done my own recital before, so it's very different getting ready to listen to the recital and make sure everything is ready for the recital reception instead of practicing a song to play in the recital. :) I'm very excited. I can't wait to hear my students play. They are all going to do great! :) Not like I'm biased or anything. ;) But they are all working hard (or they should be :) ) so I think it will be good. I'm not expecting a perfect recital, but a good one just the same. If they mess up it will be okay. Pianists mess up sometimes (speaking from 15 (almost 16) years of experience; a lot of the time we mess up. :) ) but you keep going, you don't stop, you don't get discouraged, you keep going!! Kind of like in the Christian walk, you stumble and fall, but you keep going, you don't get discouraged and give up!

So all of that to say, if I don't post again this week, you know why. :) Cookies need baked, programs need fixed and printed, punch needs made and mixed, tables need set up, piano lessons need taught, new students need started, student's songs need tweak, etc., etc.. So if I don't get to back here this week I hope you all have a wonderful week and weekend, praising and glorify Christ; our Lord, Savior, Best Friend, Shepard, Master, and King!!!

No comments: