Tuesday, April 08, 2008

`~`Encouragment from Auntie Emma`~`

Reading Auntie Emma's CaringBridge site today tears filled my eyes as hope and encouragment filled my heart while I read her words. Now I share them with you! May you find comfort in them, as I have, and as she has.


"...the thought I have been carrying around since then is from Jehoshephat's prayer... 'We don't know what to do... but our eyes are on you.'

K and I often spin the same cognitive and emotional circle these days and ultimately this is the conclusion we reach: God is good. We don't know what to do; but where else can we go? He alone gives life. We cast ourselves, our dreams, our future on Him and we learn to wait on Him. He sees me... He knows what we need and we will never go without.

Through His Word, God says to me...
'Be still in the presence of the LORD and wait patiently for Him to act.' Psalm 37:7a

'Pay attention, {Emma}, for you are my servant. I, the LORD, made you and I will not forget to help you.' Isaiah 44:21"

No comments: