Saturday, February 03, 2007

Break down the high place

Break Down the High Place

1) In Israel's time Jehovah God was God alone;
But soon they worshiped heathen idols made of stone.
The high place used to worship God now mocks His holy name.
He's no longer God alone; His people bring Him shame.

c)Help me break down the high place once reserved for You.
Help me rebuild my alter and worship You anew.
Help me cast out all tho'ts that exalt above Your own.
Help me listen for Your sweet voice so Your will is always known.

2)In my own life I longed for God to have first place.
But soon my focus turned away from His dear face.
My heart was once reserved for Him, but soon I went astray.
He's no longer was God alone, I was seeking my own way.

3)Oh thank you, Lord, for loving me although I fall.
Please take my life and use it now I give You all.
I want You to have ev'rything; to please You is my goal.
In my heart You're God alone, my life You now control.

~Matt Herbster

1 comment:

EnseƱando en casa... said...

Thanks for write this lyrics. I'm from Chile, Sudamerica and is very dificult find lyrics of hymn from Mac Lynch o The Herbester.

Gob bless and I hope that you up more new lyrics...