Saturday, February 10, 2007

Thoughts eternity

The last few nights on the news there have been different reports on Anna Nicole Smith and her death. She was a very immoral woman, from what I've heard and the things she did were very, very wrong. When first hearing of her death I found it hard to really care, in a sense, that she died. I told my mother, "I'm finding it hard to think it sad that she died." I never knew her, I didn't keep up on the news about her, it made no impact in my life whether she lived or died. But then I got to thinking. She's dead, she is now in eternity. She has begun eternity. Most likely eternity away from God. And that got me thinking about others. People I am called to be a witness to and also, about my life. If God were to come back right now, would I be ready for eternity? Can any one ever be ready for eternity? I'm not sure. I know for a fact that I will spend eternity with God. But when I stand before His throne, what will He say about the way I lived my life? About who I did, or didn't, witness to when given the opportunity. It just makes you think. People are entering eternity all the time whether or not they're ready. Also, if Christ were to come back right now, what would He find me doing? Would my actions, thoughts, speech, etc. be pleasing and honoring to Him? Ask yourself through the day, "Am I ready for Christ to come back. And if He were to come back right now, what would He find me doing?" Think about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was a humbling post. I have often found myself pondering the same question that you posed in your post: If Christ were to come back RIGHT NOW, would I be ashamed with what I was doing/thinking/saying? Would He find me as one of the people that (I think) the Bible refers to as being asleep when Christ returns? Am I "anxiously awaiting His return"? Much pondering on this subject...